If you’re a fan of bubble tea, you’ve probably tried various flavors and combinations of the popular drink. But have you tried red bean soy milk with homemade tapioca pearls? This delicious and healthy recipe is a must-try for anyone who loves a good cup of bubble tea.
Red bean soy milk with homemade tapioca pearls is a popular drink that originated in Taiwan. It’s a combination of red beans, soy milk, and tapioca pearls, and it’s a great alternative to traditional bubble tea. This drink has gained popularity in recent years due to its unique flavor and health benefits.
Red beans are a great source of protein and fiber, and they’re known for their antioxidant properties. Soy milk is a good source of protein, vitamins, and minerals and a great alternative to dairy milk. Tapioca pearls are made from cassava root, and they’re a good source of carbohydrates and iron.
What are the ingredients?
To make red bean soy milk with homemade tapioca pearls, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Red beans
- Soy milk
- Tapioca pearls
How to Make Red Bean Soy Milk with Homemade Tapioca Pearls
Here’s how you can make this delicious and healthy drink:
- Preparing the Red Beans
- Soak the red beans in water for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Rinse the red beans and drain the water.
- In a pot, add the red beans and enough water to cover them.
- Bring the water to a boil and then reduce the heat to low.
- Cover the pot and simmer for about 1 hour or until the beans are soft and fully cooked.
- Add sugar to taste.
- Making the Tapioca Pearls
- In a bowl, add tapioca pearls and enough water to cover them.
- Soak the pearls for about 30 minutes.
- Rinse the pearls and drain the water.
- In a pot, bring water to a boil.
- Add the tapioca pearls and stir gently.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes or until the pearls are fully cooked.
- Drain the water and rinse the pearls with cold water.
- Add sugar to taste.
- Blending the Red Bean Soy Milk
- In a blender, add the cooked red beans and some water.
- Blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth.
- In a pot, heat the soy milk until it’s hot but not boiling.
- Add the red bean mixture and stir well.
- Add sugar to taste.
Tips for Perfect Red Bean Soy Milk with Homemade Tapioca Pearls
To make the perfect red bean soy milk with homemade tapioca pearls, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Choose high-quality ingredients, such as organic soy milk and fresh red beans.
- Cook the red beans until they’re soft and fully cooked.
- Soak the tapioca pearls for the right amount of time and cook them until they’re fully cooked but not mushy.
- Use a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth to strain the red bean mixture for a smooth and creamy texture.
Red bean soy milk with homemade tapioca pearls can be served hot or cold. To serve red bean soy milk with homemade tapioca pearls, pour the red bean soy milk into a glass and add the cooked tapioca pearls. Stir the pearls into the drink until they are evenly distributed. Some people prefer to add ice to their drink to make it extra refreshing, while others like to serve it warm on a chilly day.
Popular toppings for the drink
Many different toppings can be added to red bean soy milk with homemade tapioca pearls. Some popular choices include sweetened condensed milk, whipped cream, chocolate syrup, caramel syrup, and honey. Some people also like to add fresh fruit such as strawberries, blueberries, or bananas to their drinks.
In conclusion, red bean soy milk with homemade tapioca pearls is a delicious and healthy drink that many people around the world enjoy. This drink has a unique flavor that is both sweet and nutty, and the addition of homemade tapioca pearls adds a fun texture to the drink. Making this drink at home is simple and easy and can be customized to suit your taste preferences. So the next time you’re looking for a refreshing and satisfying beverage, give red bean soy milk with homemade tapioca pearls a try!
Is red bean soy milk with homemade tapioca pearls difficult to make?
No, making red bean soy milk with homemade tapioca pearls is quite simple and easy. Just follow the steps outlined in this article and you’ll be enjoying this delicious drink in no time!
Can I use canned red beans instead of dried ones?
While you can use canned red beans if you’re short on time, it’s recommended to use dried red beans for the best flavor and texture.
Can I use other types of milk instead of soy milk?
Yes, you can use other types of milk such as almond milk or coconut milk if you prefer.
How long will the cooked tapioca pearls keep in the refrigerator?
The cooked tapioca pearls can be kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Can I make a large batch of red bean soy milk with homemade tapioca pearls and store it in the refrigerator?
It’s not recommended to make a large batch of the drink and store it in the refrigerator, as the tapioca pearls can become hard and lose their texture. It’s best to make the drink fresh each time you want to enjoy it.